Goths, I love 'em! I even used to be one for a bit (well, I was a Didi-Goth for at least 6 months). But there's one thing that troubles me about our cheery friends: what to do they do in summer? All that makeup, long black leather and rubber must get very sticky. I think we should show our respect for these poor unfortunates, struggling to stand out from the vanilla crowd despite blazing temperatures and sunshine that puts the rest of us in shorts and vest tops. Join me in celebrating the majesty of the Goth, who, eschewing any practicality whatever, still has the commitment to don a full length leather trenchcoat, stupid New Rock boots, and half a Superdrug counter of makeup. All hail the Hot Goth!


He's just a Devil Goth

Thanks to: Kjartan Poskitt http://www.kjartan.co.uk/whitbygoths.htm
Gothiness: 9 Sweatiness: 8
This Dark Lord laughs in the face of sunshine, but his eyes! His fucking eyes have melted off!
(edit: special thanks to Loki for being a top bloke about using this pic)

14 comments:

Yorkshire Soul said...

This bloke is actually scary.

Anonymous said...

And he probably still lives with his Mom (or Mum, as the case may be).

Griffin said...

I think his horns have horns, and ropes connecting them.

mormonapril said...

OMG, I actually blurted out laughing at work, i really hope my boss didn't hear me. hahahahaha

roach_hell said...

Cat's cradle horns? Tentacular hair?

Dead Sexy or Damn Creepy. Can't tear my eyes away!

Viktoria said...

But yet, I get the feeling that he's a really sweet guy underneath it all.

Anonymous said...

what's up with those poop sausage dreds?

Anonymous said...

Viktoria:

He is the fluffiest person you'd ever meet haha, his appearance is so deceptive, it's great :D

Dani Snape said...

His contacts work like sunglasses. Brilliant, in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I think that's Seth Green's gothier brother. After mating with the predator.

Kjartan said...

I was taking a photo of a 7 foot tall Frankenstein in Whitby when a voice right next to me said "That tall bloke scares me." I turned to find myself face to face with this very charming gent who looked even more awesome in person. A credit to gothness!

Loki said...

Anonymous (09 JUNE 2009 17:52), no, I haven't lived with my parents for the last decade or so! Not ALL goffs are socially inept spotty teenagers y'know! =>>=

Dressing up, not taking yourself seriously for a change, bring in a small fortune to the tourism industry via the Whitby Goth Weekend... its all good fun! :D

Bushido Hacks said...

"When I fall asleep on the bus, the rope between my horns acts as a dreamcatcher so that my dark dreams do not possess the other riders. I do this as a courtesy to others, and to prove that I'm not a total asshole."

Anonymous said...

I think he's just an extra in a Star Trek episode....

Creative Commons License Goths in Hot Weather by Tom Lenham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License. Based on a work at http://www.gothsinhotweather.com/. All other territories © Tom Lenham, all rights reserved.